Why we collect data, and how it’s treated, in as clear a way as possible.
1. Our primary reason for capturing data is to enhance your experience with us. Whether you’re a mum-to-be, an exhausted new mum or a friend or family member looking for a gift, we want to ensure you see the most relevant items, get notifications for ‘on sale’ announcements & hear about any offers relevant to the last visit to the website. You will only hear from us via email or push notifications if you have explicitly opted to do so.
2. You can opt out of receiving our emails through your managed preferences in your customer account, or by unsubscribing directly from our emails.
3. We protect your information with the latest security. We will only pass your personal data (including, but not limited to your name, email address, date of birth, address, telephone number, payment information) to a 3rd party where it is necessary for us to provide our services to you, or to fulfil a request on your behalf (such as Royal Mail which Fashionably Pregnant use to facilitate delivering your parcel, for example). Where we do pass your data to our business partners to help us provide our services, we take steps to ensure that they protect your information too.
4. We never sell, and have never sold, any of our customers’ personal data to any 3rd parties.
5. Aggregated and unidentifiable (pseudonymised) information and analytics may be passed on to 3rd parties. We use various technologies across our platforms (such as cookies, marketing tags, pixels and certain identifiers) :
1. To determine what products you have interacted with and have an interest in (i.e. researching maternity clothing or reading an article relating to a similar product)
2. To support marketing across various channels (i.e. social media, advertising banners or search engines) that is relevant to your browsing or order history (like an ad that may appear on Facebook or other websites external to www.fashionablypregnant.co.uk), and
3. To enhance your experience on our website (from simplifying how to contact Fashionably Pregnant, size finder to finding we are the cheapest retailer to sell stunning bespoke clothing especially for you).
6. We only communicate with you if you interact with us on our various channels. If you haven’t opened an email or transacted via our website over a 36 month period we will automatically remove you from our database (excluding confirmation emails or any other email you specifically request, like a password reset).
7. Your member account will not be deleted unless you request us to do so.
8. You have the right to see how your information is being used. You have the right to request information we have regarding your history with us & the right to request its deletion. To exercise these rights, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Who we are
1. Fashionably Pregnant provide maternity, nursing clothing and gifts. When we refer to “Fashionably Pregnant” or “we” or “our” or “us”, we are referring to Fashionably Pregnant Limited as the context requires.
3. If you have any queries or requests at any time concerning your personal information held by us or our practices in this regard, please write to our Data Protection Compliance Officer, 15 Lynwood Avenue, Anlaby, East Yorkshire, HU10 7DP, England, or email email@example.com
4. The personal information we collect from you
1. We collect personal information from you and process your personal information when you register yourself on our website, make a purchases via our website, enter into any of our competitions or promotions, submit a customer review or correspond with us at any time. When you visit our website, we also collect information automatically from your computer (including your IP address, operating system and browser type) to enable us to gather information about your visits, such as browsing patterns, but information collected in this way is only used in aggregate and anonymous form rather than being linked to identifiable individuals.
5. How we use it
1. We use personal information collected from you for the following purposes:
1. To respond to an enquiry made by you.
2. To improve your online experience and to personalise your visits by storing information about your preferences.
3. To improve our products and services and those of our suppliers.
4. To notify you of special offers and promotions (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes) and to run them.
5. To process your online orders and any other transactions you make via our website.
6. To send you a clothing review, link to an interesting video, scheduling and other information that we think you may be interested in.
2. Generally, we will only use your information within Fashionably Pregnant. However, in the future we may require to use third parties to process your information on our behalf. Fashionably Pregnant requires these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way
3. If at any time you would like us to stop using your personal information, please write to our Data Protection Compliance Officer at 15 Lynwood Avenue, Anlaby, East Yorkshire, HU10 7Dp, England, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Visitors to the Fashionably Pregnant website
1. When someone visits www.FashionablyPregnant.co.uk we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting the Fashionably Pregnant website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through the Fashionably Pregnant website, we will make it clear when we are doing this and will explain what we intend to do with it.
1. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
9. International data transfers
2. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
10. Business transfers
1. We do not collect information with a view to selling it to unconnected third parties. However, in the unlikely event that any of the assets of Fashionably Pregnant were sold to a third party, details of our customers would be passed on to that third party as a part of the sale of the business.
11. Legal disclosure
12. Changes to our policy
13. Access rights
1. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us to provide you with the details of any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests should be emailed to email@example.com or write to Compliance Officer at 15 Lynwood Avenue, Anlaby, East Yorkshire, HU107DP, England.
2. Please note that an official fee of £10 will be payable to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you should write without delay to our Data Protection Compliance Officer. Any information that is found to be incorrect will be promptly corrected.
14. A special note for parents concerning privacy
1. Fashionably Pregnant makes a special effort to encourage children to consult with their parents before disclosing personal information via our website. However, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents/guardians to supervise their children’s online activities and parents/guardians should consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their name, address and other personal information online without parental permission. Fashionably Pregnant shall use its reasonable endeavours, whenever possible, to ensure that personal information about or obtained from a child will not be used for commercial or trade purposes and that personal information will not be collected from children under 12 without the prior written consent of their parent or legal guardian